Dear LMSD Families,
We have received several inquiries seeking additional clarification on changes to the 2013-14 school calendar. Weather permitting, we are (very) hopeful that this will be the final update on this topic of the year. All updates provided in our February 26th communication still stand per the dates outlined below.
The only new information to share is that we will not use April 14th (the first day of spring break) to make up for the snow day on Monday (3/3/14). Based upon our ability to meet the instructional hour requirements mandated by the state, we will be seeking an exception from the Pennsylvania Department of Education, which will not require us to add any additional days to our academic calendar.
- March 7 will be a half day (early dismissal/no lunch served) for students. (This had previously been scheduled as an off day for students.)
- June 13, 16, 17, and 18 are now full instructional days for students.
- June 19 will be a half-day (early dismissal/no lunch served) for students grades 1-12. There will be PM Kindergarten ONLY starting at the regularly scheduled time (12:45 PM); no AM Kindergarten
- June 20 will be a half-day (early dismissal/no lunch served) for all students. There will be no PM Kindergarten.
- Harriton and Lower Merion high school commencement dates have not changed. Harriton’s commencement ceremony will be held June 10. LM’s commencement will be held on June 11.
- Bala Cynwyd and Welsh Valley middle school eighth grade promotion ceremonies will take place on June 18.
- Elementary school fifth grade promotion ceremonies will be held on June 20.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation. If you have any additional questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Dr. Christopher McGinley