The Lower Merion Building and Planning Committee met on Wednesday night. Here are the highlights from Gladwyne and Bryn Mawr:
- Commissioners voted unanimously to recommend to the full board that the retaining walls be repaired at the intersection of Righters Mill and Youngs Ford roads. Four 8-foot stone slab seating seating areas would also be incorporated into the walls at 358 Righters Mill Road (in front of the building that houses and ). The project would be completed along with the Gladwyne Civic Association.
- Commissioners voted to recommend to the full board that directional signs for the and be permitted to remain in the right of way at the intersection of Conshohocken State and Spring Mill roads. Board President Liz Rogan voted against the motions.
- A discussion about the possible installation of a deer fence behind a residence bordering the Idlewild Preservation Area was postponed until a later meeting so more information could be provided and so that Commissioner Phil Rosenzweig could be present, Rogan said.
- A brief update was provided on the Route 30/Lancaster Avenue study. Commissioner Scott Zelov noted that one of the recommendations for the Bryn Mawr sub-area—to in front of the —has already been addressed and has been a great improvement.
- Commissioners voted to recommend to the full board approval of adding an elevator to the side of the Parish House at in Rosemont.