Lower Merion police on Monday afternoon reported the following Bryn Mawr-area incidents from the past week:
- Simple assault, drug possession: Two Harriton High School female students were disciplined for fighting about noon Nov. 27, police said. After the fight, a male friend of one of the girls was pulled out of class on suspicion of sending harassing texts to the other girl. Marijuana was found in a plastic bag next to his belongings in the classroom he left, police said.
- Theft from building: One Harriton High School female student stole another's iPhone on Nov. 27, police said. The girl found her phone was missing from the locker room after gym class that day, and police traced the phone's GPS signal to a Rosemont home. Officers who responded there encountered a teenage girl who handed over the phone and said she had stolen it, police said.
- Retail theft: Two men are suspected of stealing phones from two Lancaster Avenue stores early in the afternoon of Nov. 27. About 12:30 p.m., four Samsung Galaxy phones worth $2,200 in all were stolen from the Bryn Mawr AT&T Wireless store, police said. Then about 1 p.m., two iPhones worth $1,300 in all were stolen from the Verizon store in Ardmore. The men in both cases are described as black men in their late 20s, one with a goatee and one with a bald head and full pointed beard.
- Theft from car: $175 Ray-Ban sunglasses and an $800 Louis Vuitton bag were stolen from a car sometime from Nov. 23 through Nov. 26 behind Pizzi's Pizza in Bryn Mawr, police said. The driver's side rear window had been smashed out.
- Drug possession, disorderly conduct: Two women ages 20 and 19 were charged the evening of Nov. 28 after police conducted a traffic stop—at Lancaster Avenue and Old Lancaster Road—and found fresh marijuana in the vehicle.