- Gladwyne, 200 block of Righters Mill Road, between 10:15 a.m. and 1:40 p.m. Friday: A first-floor laundry room window was damaged and a screen dislodged from it, indicating the likely entry point. Jewelry and a laptop computer were taken.
- Bryn Mawr, 800 block of Muirfield Road, between 5:50 and 8:50 p.m. Saturday: The burglar or burglars shattered a rear glass door to enter. Jewelry was stolen from the master bedroom and silverware from the dining room, police said.
The following burglaries were reported elsewhere in the township:
- Merion Station, 400 block of Rockland Avenue, between 5:30 and 11:30 p.m. Friday: Someone forced open a wooden screen door into a rear first-floor patio to enter the home. Jewelry was stolen, and the homeowner returned home to find a jewelry box out of place on a patio table, police said.
- Wynnewood, 900 block of Cloverhill Road, between 6 and 10:15 p.m. Tuesday: Jewelry was taken. The returning homeowner used his key to enter the house but does not know whether the door had been locked or not.
- Bala Cynwyd, 140 Montgomery Ave. (Colonial Shopping Center), overnight Wednesday to Thursday: Three of the strip mall's six businesses—Main Line Clothing Care, Manny's Place and Rittenhouse Nails—were broken into overnight, police said. Cash was stolen from each. None of the businesses had alarms, police said.
- Penn Valley, 700 block of Clarendon Road, between Monday, Sept. 30, and Thursday: Jewelry was stolen from a home whose owners habitually leave entry doors unlocked, police said.
What precautions do you take against the possibility of a burglary at your home or business? Tell us in the comments section.