Say "Yes!" To Clean Energy In Everyone's Back Yard!
PA Democrats to hold a hearing on non-fossil renewable energy for Delaware and Montgomery counties in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Show your support for solar, wind and other fossil-free renewables! Free, open to the public.
The Democratic Policy Committee:
Renewable Energy Legislation Hearing
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10am
Ludington Library, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
via Rep. Greg Vitali (D-PA, Delaware County):
Harrisburg, Jan. 17 - The House Democratic Policy Committee will hold a hearing at 10 a.m. Jan. 29 at Ludington Library, 5 S. Bryn Mawr Ave., Bryn Mawr, to discuss renewable energy legislation I have introduced.
Scheduled speakers include:
• Brian Crowe, PECO's vice president of Energy Acquisition;
• Tom Bell, former executive director of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection's Office of Technology Development;
• Bruce Burcat, executive director of the Mid-Atlantic Renewable Energy Coalition;
• Christina Simeone, director of PennFuture's Energy Development Center; and
• Tanya McCloskey, acting Consumer Advocate.
H.B 100 would increase the amount of electricity that electric distribution companies like PECO must obtain from renewable sources to 15 percent by 2023. The current requirement is 8 percent by 2021.
H.B. 200 would provide $25 million per year to the PA Sunshine Solar program. This program, which is currently out of money, provides rebates to homeowners and small businesses that install solar systems.
The public is welcome to attend, but public testimony is limited to written comments. There is a free parking lot behind the library on Bryn Mawr Avenue. If it is full, metered parking is available in township lot 7, which is across Lancaster Avenue from the library.
Written comments must be submitted in advance.
More Information: www.pahouse.com/vitali