Overall, Lower Merion and Narberth had 61 home sales this December, same as in November and up from 56 in December 2011, according to a report from Prudential Fox & Roach.
The most dramatic year-to-year gain was in Wynnewood, where 15 homes sold in December, up from 6 homes sold in December 2011. (In November and December combined, 30 Wynnewood properties sold, up from nine in November and December 2011.)
Haverford had 44 sales, down from 51 in November and 50 in December 2011.
Throughout the entire Main Line, 204 homes sold in November, down from 215 in November but up from 189 in December 2011.
Median sale prices in December for the neighborhoods Prudential Fox & Roach tracks are as follows:
- Ardmore: $275,000 (up from $265,000 in November)
- Bala Cynwyd: $242,500 (down from $462,500 in November)
- Bryn Mawr: $715,000 (up from $570,000 in November)
- Gladwyne: $1,100,000 (up from $818,750 in November)
- Merion Station: $407,500 (down from $434,000 in November)
- Narberth: $427,500 (up from $421,500 in November)
- Villanova: $725,000 (down from $1,384,493 in November)
- Wynnewood: $370,000 (up from $357,000 in November)