On Sunday, we asked readers to identify the location of an undated historical photo taken in the Bryn Mawr-Gladwyne Patch area.
Several people weighed in with their guesses. Today, the answer: According to the Lower Merion Historical Society, it's the old Bryn Mawr School on Lancaster Avenue across from Prospect Avenue.
The school was built around the time of the Civil War and used until 1915, when a school was built on Old Lancaster Road to replace it. The building was apparently torn down in 1936; the vacant lot is soon to get retail and office development, a sign reports.
Check next week for another mystery historical location, and email firstname.lastname@example.org to suggest a place in Bryn Mawr, Gladwyne, Villanova or Rosemont we can use in this feature at another time.