Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
Miss Pat Memorial 5K Run With Heart and 1-Mile Tricia Trot Fun Walk
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 at 9 a.m.
- Why Go: If you run, this 5K is challenging with the loop going through the hilly neighborhoods around Sacred Heart. There will also be a one mile fun walk around the campus which will be filled with boutique vendors, a moonbounce for the kids, DJ, raffles, ZUMBA and more family fun. All proceeds go towards the Miss Pat Scholarship Fund. To register and for more information, please click here.
- Cost: Race Day: Adults $25; Kids 13 and under $15
The Harriton Plantation Fair
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Where: Harriton House
- Why Go: This family friendly event features crafts, antiques, sheep herding, pony rides, historic house tours, childrens' games, muskets and soldiers, blacksmiths, stone carvers, cabinetmakers, spinners, weavers, Bluegrass music and Colonial songs, birds of prey, the best flea market in Lower Merion and much more!
- Cost: Free
Monarch Madness: A Butterfly Meet and Greet
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 at 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Rolling Hill Park, 1301 Rose Glen Road, Gladwyne
- Why Go: Get up close and personal with some Monarch butterflies in a tent full of butterflies, dress someone up like a butterfly, make a take-home craft, and learn about Monarchs.
- Cost: Lower Merion Conservancy Members $10/family; Non-members $15/family
National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Where: Lower Merion Police Station Lobby
- Why Go: Turn in your expired, unused or unwanted prescription drugs for safe disposal.
- Cost: Free
- When: September 29 from noon - 8pm
- Where: Cricket Ave in Ardmore, between Cricket Terrace and W. Athens Ave.
- Why Go: Come drink and eat, rain or shine, inside and out at McCloskey's, John Henry's and Gillanes. There will be great food, beer and music throughout the day. This is a family friendly event with activities for the kids as well. Find out more here.
- Cost: Free to get in