- is holding a plant sale on Wednesday and Thursday (May 9 and 10), just in time for Mother's Day this weekend. This year, the annual sale also includes two workshops: one on trough making and another on container gardens.
- is on Saturday at in Gladwyne. There will be games, crafts, a giant slide, Mother's Day gifts, lemon sticks, popcorn, cotton candy, an opportunity table, plants for sale, live music, horse and carriage rides and more. The event is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, rain or shine. All proceeds benefit St. Christopher's outreach efforts to help those less fortunate locally, across the nation and around the world. .
- Lower Merion Township is hosting a rain barrel and composting workshop on 10 a.m. Saturday at the township administration building at 75 E. Lancaster Ave. in Ardmore. The workshop is free. Rain barrels will be available for sale at a cost of $68.90 and compost bins will be available for purchase for $100.20. To register, e-mail Andrea Campisi of the Township’s Building and Planning Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (610) 645-6112. Please also indicate whether you will be purchasing either a rain barrel, compost bin or both.
- Schuylkill Expressway lane closure scheduled: From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, the right eastbound lane of Interstate 76 between King of Prussia and City Avenue will be closed for road work, according to PennDOT.
- AP tests this week: Advanced Placement tests are scheduled all week for certain and Lower Merion high school students.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something