Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 5 at 11 a.m.
- Where:Bryn Mawr Film Institute
- Why Go: Bring the kids out for a Saturday Kid Matinee at the Bryn Mawr Film Institute. This week they will show Rio, a fun animated comedy set in Rio de Janeiro.
- Cost:$4 kids, $5 adults
Lower Merion United To End Gun Violence
- When: Saturday, Jan. 5 from 10 - 11 a.m.
- Why Go: Join Lower Merion United for their inaugural event to discuss how Lower Merion residents can better organize to reduce gun violence in Pennsylvania.
- Cost: Free
- When: Sunday, Jan. 6 at 8:30 a.m.
- Why Go: For ages 12+, come help the BirdWatch volunteers for their annual winter bird count. Meet at the Conservancy cottage and split into teams to count winter resident birds at Rolling Hill Park, Saunders Woods, Riverbend and Flat Rock Park. Search for woodpeckers, juncos, water birds, hawks and many more species. Afterwards, we’ll convene at the Conservancy cottage and share our results over hot chocolate, coffee and donuts. Birders of all ages and levels welcome.
- Cost: Free
Polar Bear Run and Plunge
- When: Sunday, Jan. 6 from 9 a.m. - Noon
- Where: Philadelphia Sports Clubs 555 E Lancaster Ave, Radnor
- Why Go: Everyone is a winner at the Tuff Kids Polar Bear Run & Plunge to support the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. In this challenging event, kids have a blast navigating through land and water obstacles and relays. After the event, cool down with food, games and prizes at the Polar Bear Party. It's a win-win for everyone—kids get active and money is raised for a good cause. For Kids ages 4-13. Nonmembers are welcome. Some swimming experience required (swim vests will be available)
- Cost: $35