Wednesday night, the Lower Merion Board of Commissioners' Building and Planning Committee elected to postpone a vote on a "certificate of appropriateness" for planned renovations to the Gladwyne Methodist Church.
It was not immediately known when, if at all, the matter will be taken up again.
The requested renovations are as follows, according to the township's website:
- Remove the stone front façade and install stucco.
- Replace lower stain glass panels with clear glass.
- Reconfigure the side of the existing one-story left side addition.
- Maintain existing masonry openings in the upper sanctuary but remove some stain glass and
- Install clear glass, infill other openings with operable windows and wood panels.
- Reconfigure the rear façade fenestration.
- Construct two two-car attached garages on the right side of the building.
- Cut back the existing porte-cochere to create a unit entranceway.
- Construct a covered porch toward the right rear side to create a unit entranceway.
- Construct a rear wood deck.