Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
Winter Solstice Celebration
- When: Friday, Dec. 21 from 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Why Go: The Lower Merion Conservancy and Riverbend Environmental Education Center host this community tradition. Celebrate the longest night of the year with family and friends around a blazing bonfire. Listen to stories, search the sky for distant constellations, take a short hike on darkened trails, and warm up with snacks. Dress warmly, bring a flashlight, and park at the top of Rolling Hill Park.
- Cost: Free
Hurricane Sandy Relief Concert
- When: Saturday, Dec. 22 at 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Wilson Vocal Academy and New Leaf have teamed up to host a Hurricane Sandy relief concert. Enjoy a night of holiday and inspirational music for a cause. The cafe will be open and serving festive food and drink!
- Cost: $10
- When: Saturday, Dec. 21 at 11 a.m.
- Where: Bryn Mawr Film Institute
- Why Go: Join Kermit and his friends for their adaptation of A Christmas Carol.
- Cost: Adults $5, Kids $4
St. David's Christmas Pageant
- When: Sunday, Dec. 23 at 11:15 a.m., 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Where:St. David's Episcopal Church 763 South Valley Forge Road, Wayne
- Why Go: Don't miss this annual event, complete with many enthusiastic and talented children, as well as live animals! The pageant will be held at three times throughout the day, 11:15 a.m., 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. in Fellowship Hall.
- Cost: Free