Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 13 from 4 - 9 p.m.
- Where: Riverbend Environmental Education Center 1950 Spring Mill Rd, Gladwyne
- Why Go: Enjoy a night out of spooktacular fun. Children will delight in the array of activities scattered throughout the uniquely engaging site. There will be animal shows, pumpkin decorating, campfire and legendary storytelling. For the youngest - bring them in costume and have them play on the moonbounce, get their face painted and go on the trick-or-treat trail. When it gets dark, it's time for the haunted hike on a steep trail. Sustenance for all is available from McShea’s and in-kind donations of adult beverages from Victory will be back by popular demand.
- Cost: $10 advance, $12 at door
- When: Saturday, Oct. 13, 11 a.m.
- Where:Bryn Mawr Film Institute
- Why Go: Saturday kids matinees are back. This Saturday they will be showing the 1977 Pete's Dragon. Tickets are onsale through their website.
- Cost: $5.00 for adults and $4.00 for kids.
The Saturday Club's Fall & Winter Consignment Sale
- When: Friday, Oct. 12 from 5-9pm and Saturday, Oct. 13 from 8am-12pm.
- Where: 117 W Wayne Ave, Wayne
- Why Go: The public is invited to join Saturday Club members and friends to shop new and gently used women, teens, toddlers, and baby items. Friday is preview day and there is a $10 admission fee. Saturday is free and from 11:10 - noon there is a half-off sale.
- Cost: $10 admission on Friday
Family Play it Safe Day
- When: Saturday, Oct. 13, 10 a.m.
- Where:Bryn Mawr Hospital
- Why Go: Celebrate family safety and good health at Bryn Mawr Hospital. Besides tours of the Pediatric Emergency Department and Nemours ambulance, there will be fun activities for kids as well, such as face painting, wii station, healthy refreshments, virtual concussion experience, drinking & driving booth for teens and bike, poison and home fire safety tips.
- Cost: Free
The Fall Harvest & Great Pumpkin Patch Event
- When: Sunday, Oct. 14 from 1 - 4 p.m.
- Where: The Willows Park 490 Darby Paoli Rd, Radnor
- Why Go: Enjoy autumn activities including pumpkin picking, hay wagon rides, a straw bale maze, early-American games, music, and demonstrations. This is a family event with traditional harvest activities, refreshments, and over 1,000 pumpkins!
- Cost: Free
- When: Sunday, October 14, 1:00 PM
- Where: Rolling Hill Park, 1301 Rose Glen Road, Gladwyne
- Why Go: Enjoy a day of fall festivities. Children's activities include playing the water journey game, climbing logs, digging in a sand pit, leaf rubbings and so much more. Learn about the new Stormwater Garden as you enjoy it in full fall splendor with hot cider and donuts. Paint a pumpkin to take home or create your very own full-size scarecrow, each for a small fee. All who come will be entered into a free raffle to win a coveted jar of honey from Executive Director Patty Thompson’s family apiary. Costumes welcome!
- Cost: Free