Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
French Musical Masterpieces
- When: Sunday, Feb. 10 at 2 p.m.
- Where:Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church 625 Montgomery Ave, Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: Organist Stephen Buzard presents the music of Maurice Duruflé. Parisian organist, Maurice Duruflé's entire compositional output for the organ takes only about 70 minutes to perform, but each work is a perfect masterpiece. Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church is the home of a magnificent French style pipe organ, designed to be especially well suited to the works of Duruflé!
- Cost: Free will offering
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: New Leaf Club 1225 Montrose Ave, Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: Octavia has opened for BB King and other internationally known jazz/blues musicians. Come watch her rock out on the New Leaf stage
- Cost: $10
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9 at 10 a.m.
- Where: Riverbend Environmental Education Center 1950 Spring Mill Road, Gladwyne
- Why Go: Join a Riverbend naturalist for a hike through our Alec Williamson Bird Observation Area, past our forest restoration area, and to the proposed site for an Aquaponics Greenhouse. Learn more about all of Riverbend’s programs and upcoming projects while enjoying our field, forest and stream ecosystems. Ages 8+
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9 at 11 a.m.
- Where: Bryn Mawr Film Institute
- Why Go: Bring the kids out for a Saturday Kid Matinee at the Bryn Mawr Film Institute. This week they will show Wee Willie Winkie with Shirley Temple.
- Cost: $4 kids, $5 adults
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9 at 1 p.m.
- Where: Radnor Library
- Why Go: Bring the kids for African folktales and balloon animals. Ages 3+.
- Cost: Free