Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When:Saturday, Nov. 17, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Why Go: Enjoy some holiday shopping. There will be an attic treasures booth, many books, vintage, gifts, plants, children's activities all day, food, silent auction and more. All proceeds benefit Redeemer's Outreach Programs.
- Cost: Free
Harriton Theater Company presents: The Giver
- When: Thursday, Nov. 15 - Sunday, Nov. 18
- Where: Harriton High School's Black Box Theater
- Why Go: Support high school theater. Harriton's fall production of The Giver, based on the Newbery Award winning book by Lois Lowry, follows the story set way in the future of a boy named Jonas who lives in a "perfect" community with his family. His perfect world is changed when he is chosen to be the Receiver of Memory and will be trained by the Giver. The Giver shows Jonas all of the world's memories of true pain and true happiness, memories he cannot un-see, setting him on a path from which there is no turning back.
- Cost: $10
- When: Saturday, Nov. 17, 11 a.m.
- Where:Bryn Mawr Film Institute
- Why Go: Enjoy a morning of Looney Toon shorts including: "A Street Cat Named Sylvester”, “Dog Pounded”, “Home Tweet Home”, “Tug Boat Granny”, “Tweety and the Beanstalk” and “Tweety’s SOS.”
- Cost: $5.00 for adults and $4.00 for kids.
- When: Saturday, Nov. 17, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 18, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Why Go: The Main Line Antiques Show is the only antiques show on the Main Line. The show features 30 dealers offering a wide selection of fine and decorative arts, jewelry, furniture and folk art. For additional information and special events, including the opening night party, please visit their website.
- Cost: $12
- When: Friday, Nov. 16 - Sunday, Dec. 2 - Open every day from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Dec. 2 closes 4 p.m.) Closed Thanksgiving.
- Where: The Willows Mansion
- Why Go: Holiday gifts, crafts, decor, jewelry, ladies boutique, scrumptious gourmet foods, furniture, home accessories, art gallery, ceramics, baby and children's apparel, cafe for light refreshments and much more.
- Cost: $4