- Anti-genocide activist Carl Wilkens will visit Harriton High School at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday to talk about the Rwandan genocide of 1994, and genocide survivor Hawa Abdalla Mohammed will discuss the situation in Darfur. Students are admitted free; tickets are $5 for adults.
- The Lower Merion Board of School Directors will meet Monday night at 8 p.m. in the district administration building's first floor board room (301 W Montgomery Ave, Ardmore). View the agenda in PDF form.
- Free flu shots for seniors will be offered on Tuesday at the Merion Fire Co. of Ardmore. Pre-registration is required; find out more here.
- A free hazardous household waste collection day will be held Saturday in Lower Merion. From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, residents can drop off waste at the township Public Works Complex, 1300 N Woodbine Ave. in Penn Valley. For more information, contact the county's recycling hotline at 610-278-3618.
- The Lower Merion Board of Commissioners will meet Wednesday at approximately 8 p.m. in the township building's second floor board room (75 E. Lancaster Ave., Ardmore). The meeting will begin with a reveal of the portrait of former Board President Bruce D. Reed, to be displayed in the board room along with the portraits of other past presidents. Following is a Building and Planning Committee meeting.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something