- Anti-genocide activist Carl Wilkens will visit Harriton High School at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday to talk about the Rwandan genocide of 1994, and genocide survivor Hawa Abdalla Mohammed will discuss the situation in Darfur. Students are admitted free; tickets are $5 for adults.
- The Lower Merion Board of School Directors will meet Monday night at 8 p.m. in the district administration building's first floor board room (301 W Montgomery Ave, Ardmore). View the agenda in PDF form.
- Free flu shots for seniors will be offered on Tuesday at the Merion Fire Co. of Ardmore. Pre-registration is required; find out more here.
- A free hazardous household waste collection day will be held Saturday in Lower Merion. From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, residents can drop off waste at the township Public Works Complex, 1300 N Woodbine Ave. in Penn Valley. For more information, contact the county's recycling hotline at 610-278-3618.
- The Lower Merion Board of Commissioners will meet Wednesday at approximately 8 p.m. in the township building's second floor board room (75 E. Lancaster Ave., Ardmore). The meeting will begin with a reveal of the portrait of former Board President Bruce D. Reed, to be displayed in the board room along with the portraits of other past presidents. Following is a Building and Planning Committee meeting.