1. The Lower Merion Board of School Directors will meet at 8 p.m. Monday in the district administrative office's first floor board room (301 E Montgomery Ave, Ardmore). Included on the agenda is a presentation on high school enrollment projections, among other items. View the agenda.
2. Lower Merion's Building and Planning Committee meets at 6:20 p.m. Wednesday in the township building.
Township commissioners will consider elements of proposals that advanced from last week's Plan Commission session, including:
- renovations of Gladwyne Elementary School
- an aquaponics greenhouse at Riverbend Environmental Education Center in Gladwyne
3. Due to Feb. 18's Presidents Day holiday, all Lower Merion School District schools will have early dismissal on Thursday and no school Friday and Monday.
4. PIAA District 1 basketball playoffs begin this weekend.
For AAAA programs (the state's largest), the opening round for boys is Friday, Feb. 15, and for girls Saturday, Feb. 16.
AAA schools do not begin district playoffs until Feb. 19 (for girls) and Feb. 23 (for boys).
5. The 5th Walk to Win for Hodgkin's Research, in memory of 1999 Harriton valedictorian Adam Spector, will take place at 10 a.m. April 13 at the high school. Register at adamspector.org.