Area motorists might want to avoid Interstates 95 and 76 for the next few days.
According to a release from PennDOT, roadway maintenance and bridge inspections are scheduled for the week of July 10 on Interstate 95 in Delaware County and Philadelphia and Interstate 76 in Montgomery County
Here is a breakdown of when and where the crews will be working:
- Maintenance crews will work Tuesday, July 10, on southbound I-95 and Thursday, July 12, on northbound I-95 in Delaware County from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Intermittent lane closures will occur.
- Crews will clean bridge decks on eastbound I-76 between the Route 202 and Route 1 (City Avenue) interchanges in Montgomery County on Wednesday and Thursday, July 11 and 12, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The right lane will be closed where crews are working.
- In Philadelphia, bridge inspectors will inspect structures on I-95 between the Allegheny Avenue and Bridge Street Interchanges on Thursday and Friday, July 12 and 13. The work schedule is:
- Thursday, July 12 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., I-95’s northbound left lane will be closed between Allegheny Avenue and Bridge Street.
- Thursday, July 12 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., I-95’s southbound left lane will be closed between Bridge Street and Allegheny Avenue.
- Friday, July 13 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., the I-95 North off-ramp at the Betsy Ross Bridge will be restricted to one lane.