Overall, Lower Merion and Narberth had 70 home sales this September, down from 90 in August but up from 50 in September 2011, according to a report from Prudential Fox & Roach.
Most of the year-to-year gain came from Bryn Mawr, where 21 homes sold, a year after only 8 sold in September 2011. Totals in other local neighborhoods changed little.
Haverford saw 41 home sales in September, down from 63 in August and 48 in September 2011.
Throughout the entire Main Line, 198 homes sold in September, down from 305 in August but up from 184 in September 2011.
Median sale prices in September for the neighborhoods' Prudential Fox & Roach tracks are as follows:
- Ardmore $269,000 ($309,000 in August)
- Bala Cynwyd $420,000 ($395,500 in August)
- Bryn Mawr $575,000 ($319,500 in August)
- Gladwyne $735,000 ($850,000 in August)
- Merion Station $449,500 ($525,000 in August)
- Villanova $1,387,500 ($959,000 in August)
- Wynnewood $350,900 ($509,900 in August)