Get Out: First Friday, Concerts and More
Planning your weekend? Here's what's going on in and around Bryn Mawr this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 from 6 - 9 p.m.
- Where: Ardmore, Bryn Mawr and Haverford
- Why Go: Enjoy art throughout Ardmore, Haverford and Bryn Mawr by local elementary, middle, high school and college students. For up to the minute information and a map, please visit the First Friday website.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3, 11 a.m.
- Where: Bryn Mawr Film Institute
- Why Go: Enjoy a morning of Looney Toon shorts including: “Design for Leaving”, “Dime to Retire”, “From A to ZZZZ”, “I Gopher You”, “Kiddin’ the Kitten” and “Muscle Tussle.”
- Cost:$5.00 for adults and $4.00 for kids.
- When: Sunday, Nov. 4 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where: The parking lot at 12 E. Lancaster Ave., Ardmore 19003
- Why Go: It's the last Clover Market of the season. Come find over 100 vendors with antiques & collectibles, vintage jewelry & clothing, art, fine crafts, handmade items as well as a delicious menu and crafts for the kids.
- Cost: Free
- When: Sunday, Nov. 4 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church
- Why Go: Mezzo soprano Suzanne DuPlantis and pianist Keenan Boswell present a ravishing program that traces the evolution of the Torch Song - that genre of song that tells of unrequited love.
- Cost: This concert is free. An offering will be received.
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 from 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Lankenau Medical Center, 100 E Lancaster Ave, Wynnewood
- Why Go: If you are thinking about having a baby, come to this event and meet Main Line Health OB/GYN, reproductive and financial experts who can help women and their partners prepare for pregnancy. The topics will include budgeting for baby, preconception counseling, infertility and treatment options and genetic screenings. The event will also welcome local baby-oriented merchant products and services. Breakfast will be served and partners are welcome to join!
- Cost: Free, Registration Required
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 and Sunday, Nov. 4 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Wayne Presbyterian Church
- Why Go: The Wayne Oratorio Society (a ministry of Wayne Presbyterian Church) presents Ralph Vaughan Williams’ Dona Nobis Pacem & Karl Jenkins’ Gloria on Saturday & Sunday, November 3 & 4, at 7:30 pm. 200 Voice Choir and Orchestra; Melanie Sarakatsannis, soprano; Kerry Ann Erickson-Felps, contralto; Michael Krueger, bass.
- Cost: Free