Get Out: Voices Against Abuse Benefit Concert, Sealant Day and More
Here's what's going on in and around Bryn Mawr this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Sunday, Jan. 20 from 3 - 7 p.m.
- Where: The New Leaf Club, 225 Montrose Ave,Rosemont
- Why Go: Help women and children that are victims of domestic abuse by coming out for an afternoon of music, food and more. Your ticket gives you four hours of live music by some of the best musicians, food catered by local restaurants, and a raffle and silent auction. 100% of the events proceeds will go to the organization WOMEN AGAINST ABUSE.
- Cost: $20
- When: Monday, Jan. 21 from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Where: Harcum College 750 Montgomery Ave, Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: The Dental Hygiene Program at Harcum College will offer free oral examinations, sealants, fluoride treatments and health care for children ages 6-13 at its Sealant Monday event, held in conjunction with Martin Luther King Day of Service. This is the ninth year of the program, in which registered dental hygienists, area dentists and Harcum dental hygiene students provide free dental hygiene services to children.
- Cost: Free, to schedule appointment contact the Cohen Dental Center at Harcum at 610-526-6113 or 610-526-6015.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 19 from 10 a.m. - Noon
- Where: Riverbend Environmental Education Center
- Why Go: Many animals are still active in the winter months. Join a Riverbend naturalist on a hunt for animals and their signs, from tracks to scat to midden. After our hike we will move inside to make a track craft to take home and meet some of Riverbend’s resident live animals, including Bubbles the Box Turtle and Cora the Corn Snake. Pre-register at email@example.com or 610-527-5234 x108.
- Cost: Donations Accepted.
- When: Monday, Jan. 21 at 11 a.m.
- Where: Bryn Mawr Film Institute
- Why Go: Join your fellow citizens to watch the swearing-in ceremonies for President Barack H. Obama and Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. The simulcast of the day's events will start at 11:00am and all are welcome.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Jan. 19 at 11 a.m.
- Where:Bryn Mawr Film Institute
- Why Go: Bring the kids out for a Saturday Kid Matinee at the Bryn Mawr Film Institute. This week they will show Rango..
- Cost:$4 kids, $5 adults
- When: Saturday, Jan. 19 from 2 - 3 p.m.
- Where: Belly Pilates 100 Chetwynd Dr, Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: Paula Orozco will be sharing some of her favorite spirit-mind-body techniques for keeping the body and mind clear of stress, fear and overwhelm. At the workshop you will understand how energy plays a role in our bodies, experience a quick, powerful technique to begin each day feeling at ease, and learn a simple exercise for transforming difficult emotions into calm and insight. Register by contacting Paula.
- Cost: Free