Generator Causes Fire In Bryn Mawr
The fire spread up the garage into an attic bedroom on Tuesday.
A Bryn Mawr home's generator caused a fire on Tuesday afternoon that spread and damaged other rooms of the house, Lower Merion Township Deputy Fire Marshal Jim McCoy said.
The exact cause of the generator fire is unknown, McCoy said, but the fire spread to the garage and climbed the garage to an attic bedroom of the Baintree Road home. A sprinkler system inside the bedroom engaged, containing the fire to that room until fire officials arrived to put it out.
After the fire was put out, firefighters worked to insure the fire had not spread in the interior of the building.
There were no injuries, McCoy said.