Bryn Mawr-Gladwyne Election Guide
The candidates, incumbents and issues that will be affecting Bryn Mawr, Gladwyne and Montgomery County
As we look ahead to November’s elections, Bryn Mawr-Gladwyne Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- President Barack Obama: The Democratic incumbent opened a campaign office in West Oak Lane in February.
- Presidential candidate Mitt Romney: Romney visited Bryn Mawr for a fundraiser this spring.
- Daylin Leach, 17th state Senate District: The Democratic incumbent has a campaign office in Bryn Mawr.
- U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah, 2nd U.S. House District: The district boundaries have changed for the longtime Democratic incumbent, who faces Republican Robert Allen Mansfield Jr. in November.
- David Freed, Republican candidate for Pennsylvania Attorney General: It's worth wondering whether Freed might benefit if Democratic voters in Lower Merion and Narberth don't respond as enthusiastically in November to nominee Kathleen Kane as they would have to Patrick Murphy. Murphy grabbed 63 percent of the Montgomery County vote in the primary but lost to Kane statewide.