5 Things to Know: Nov. 26-Dec. 2
A heads up for those who live or work in Bryn Mawr, Gladwyne, Rosemont and Villanova.
- A meeting with school board members on Lower Merion School District's expansion plans is set for 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Gladwyne Elementary School, according to the Gladwyne Civic Association website.
- The Penn Valley Civic Association will hold its annual holiday party from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday at Waverly Manor in Gladwyne. Members can attend for free, and neighborhood residents can join at the door. For more information or to RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lower Merion High School will host a community blood drive on Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Bryant Gymnasium.
Students and community members are invited to participate, and can email faculty sponsor Sandy Hoopes (email@example.com) for an appointment.
The high school is located at 315 W Montgomery Ave., Ardmore.
- Maroon Madness kicks off at 6 p.m. this Friday at Lower Merion High School.
The event, benefiting Coaches vs. Cancer, will begin with a tailgate party at the LMHS gym with Principal Sean Hughes working the grill, followed by a candlelight walk at 7 p.m. to benefit Coaches vs. Cancer.
Then, the basketball games will begin, featuring an introduction to the boys and girls teams, an intra-squad scrimmage, fan contests, music and raffles, with several surprise guests.
Last year, the Lower Merion community raised nearly $40,000 to benefit cancer research.
A $5 donation is suggested for admission. Find out more here.
- Lower Merion residents can learn about fair housing at a Free Fair Housing Workshop at 10 a.m. Wednesday at 5 S. Bryn Mawr Ave. in Bryn Mawr.
The Fair Housing Rights Center will present information about the federal Fair Housing Act and how certain provisions can be used to reduce premature moves, evictions, and homelessness.
Residents can RSVP at 215-576-7711*12 or firstname.lastname@example.org.