Life Choice Hospice Seeks Volunteers in Delaware County
- Organization: Life Choice Hospice
- Causes: Health, Seniors
- Date(s): ongoing
- Contact person: Patricia Veltri
- Phone: 800-557-7570 x116
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.lifechoicehospice.com/
Life Choice Hospice seeks volunteers of all ages; people who are kind-hearted and compassionate. They are looking specifically in Delaware County, PA for individuals and organizations to participate in their engaging volunteer program. As little as one hour a week is helpful, and arrangements can be customized to accommodate each volunteer’s personal schedule.
Life Choice Volunteers are trained to support terminally ill individuals and their loved ones. The wide variety of volunteer roles include; companionship volunteers, pet therapists, Reiki and massage volunteers. Training will be provided to make sure each volunteer is given the instruction needed to guarantee a positive experience.
Through their commitment to Life Choice, volunteers can impact patients in extraordinary ways. Patti Veltri, Director of Volunteers, knows the difference these people make. She explains, “Our volunteers are compassionate people who spend special time with our patients and give them the extra tender care that really makes a difference in the patient’s life. The diversity in volunteer age, knowledge, and skills is amazing and a benefit to our patients. The impact these interactions have on terminally ill individuals is profound for everyone involved.”
Below is a list of current volunteer positions:
- Bedside Volunteers – Visit with and support patients by playing music, writing letters or reading from a patient’s favorite book.
- Alternative/Complementary Therapy Volunteers – Provide comfort and relaxation to patients using music, reiki, reflexology, massage, aromatherapy or pet therapy. These volunteers are professionally trained prior to joining the team. All pet therapy animals must be certified.
- 11th Hour Volunteers – Support those whose death is imminent by spending time at their bedside reminiscing, offering words of comfort, and supporting care givers.
To learn more about the program, contact Patti Veltri, Director of Volunteers, at 1-800-557-7570 or firstname.lastname@example.org. With an emphasis on living, Life Choice Hospice supports and assists terminally ill individuals and helps their loved ones cope with the challenges of life’s ending. For more information, visit www.lifechoicehospice.com.